Twitter has been a mammoth-sized social media network from its conception and the company does not look to slow down any time soon. The company was created by Jack Dorsey in March of 2006 and launched a few months later.
It is estimated that over 200 million people use Twitter which calculates at about 65 million â€œtweetsâ€ per day. In fact, the company handles almost one million queries per day too. People are calling it the â€œSMS system of the internetâ€.
If you like this article, you might be interested in some of our older articles on Generate Leads Using Twitter, Twitter Tools, Best Twitter Tools, Twitter Tool Alternatives For Your Backup, and Become A Twegend.
There are many reasons using twitter can be great for business but here are the top 10:
1) It is free to use and easy too! Signing up takes just a few minutes and using it takes the same amount of time but you can get lost in the moment of browsing profiles and â€œfollowingâ€ people. Any PC or cell phone can be used when on the social site.
2) It is one of the most basic applications to use. It uses the lowest possible common denominator for every single language: the internet protocol. Using ones and zeros allow this site to be one of the most simple to use in the world.
3) Out of six billion people, four billion have some sort of communication device that is Twitter ready. Of course, you have those remote areas of the world that were never wired for electricity and even plain landline phones now have cell phone coverage. There are hardly any spots on earth that canâ€™t be Twitter-reached.
4) Twitter uses an open source code that is readily accessible to computer-inclined people who develop applications for cell phones or PCâ€™s. There are at least 70,000 apps so far and that number is only getting bigger. These people have learned that with Twitterâ€™s continued success, theirs will only grow.
5) It is much easier to spread a message in seconds than using a system that takes longer. You can reach out to millions of people in a matter of key clicks.
6) It is who you know not what you know. Twitter has a super-advanced search that makes it easy to locate people who may help your business grow. Then those people will know people and so on. It is an endless cycle that is sure to increase your business. There are celebrities, politicians and business moguls like Donald Trump and Elton John.
7) It is diverse in every way making it outperform most of its predecessors and so forth.
8) Twitter is an â€œuber-sizedâ€ platform for media. You have to realize that every single â€œtweeterâ€ is a part of at least one other media network.
9) Everything that happens is in real-time. Stories, news, rumors and ideas spread like wildfire faster than the speed of light. Combine that with Twitterâ€™s massive media status and information will flow like the waters of the Nile.
10) It is the largest bridge of social media in the history of the worldâ€™s communication network.