Sometimes you just need to mix it up a little when it comes to nail art. If you’re looking for a fun and simple nail art design to try, V shaped nail designs are a great option!
V shaped nail art designs can be created with any colors you wish. Contrasting colors are the most noticeable, but you can also use different shades of the same color to create more subtle V shaped nail designs. A V shaped nail design can also be painted over the natural nail to create a unique and interesting negative space manicure. Lots of V shaped nail art designs include a V shape or triangle on the base or tip of the nail. A V shape or triangle on the side of the nail or in the middle of the nail, though, can also look amazing!
Creating V shaped nail designs is also quite simple. The V shape or triangle can be drawn freehand with a nail striping brush, but crisper and cleaner lines can be achieved by using tape.
Are you ready to create your own V shaped nail design? Get a little inspiration from the awesome nail art designs below!
1. Blue VÂ Shaped Nails
A pretty light blue adorns the tips of these nails, and a darker blue polish is used to outline the V shape. It’s a great example of V shaped nail design as well as a great negative space manicure.
2. Teal V Shaped Nails
Little teal triangles look oh so cute on these short nails!
3. Bright Yellow Triangle Nails
A bright color, like lemon yellow, can be used instead for a summery V shaped nail design.
4. Black and White V Shaped Nail Design
White V shapes on a black background makes for a striking V shaped nail art design!
5. Small Black Triangles on White Nails
Little black triangles over white nails also make a cute V shaped nail art design, and it’s a little more delicate than the example above.
6. V Shaped Black Tips Over Nude Nails
Black V shaped tips adds a nice little twist to these classic nude nails.
7. Black and Silver V Shaped Nail Art
Line the black V on the tips of the nails with a silver stripe for a luxurious look and feel.
8. Gold and Black V Shaped Nail Art
Gold V shaped nail designs gives these black nail tips a rich look.
9. Blue Polka Dot V Shaped Nails
Pretty blue V shaped nail art is taken to the next level with cute little polka dots.
10. Embellished V Shape French Manicure
Rhinestones, glitter polish, and a V shaped design gives a classic French manicure a whole new look!
11. Pink and Blue Glitter V Shaped Manicure
Pink and blue glitter polishes can be used to create a cute and girly V shaped nail design.
12. Neon Gradient and Black V Shaped Nail Art
Striping tape laid over a neon glitter gradient and painted over with black polish makes a fun and colorful V shaped nail design!
13. Green and Brown V Shaped Nail Design
Alternating brown and green V shaped nail art designs are subtle and sweet.
14. Blue and Yellow V Shaped Nail Art
Blue and yellow make a bright and colorful V shaped nail design.
15. Blue and Yellow Glitter V Shaped Nail Design
A yellow V shaped design is a colorful addition to these light blue glitter nails.
16. Holographic Blue V Shaped Nail Design
These holographic V shapes are created with easy to use nail vinyls.
17. Teal and Turquoise V Shaped Nail Art
Teal and turquoise are trendy nail colors right now, and they make for some beautiful V shaped nail design, especially with the addition of little white polka dots.
18. Turquoise and Black V Shaped Nail Design
Black and turquoise work well together in these V shaped nail art designs.
19. Turquoise and Yellow V Shaped Nail Art
Yellow triangles at the base of these turquoise nails are an eye catching nail art design.
20. Black and Red V Shaped Nail Design
Classic red nails look stunning with the addition of black triangles at the base of the nails.
21. Blue and Red V Shaped Nail Design
Red and blue V shapes on the nails are a fabulous nail art design!
22. Negative Space Red V Shaped Nail Design
Red V shaped tips are absolutely beautiful in this negative space manicure!
23. Red and Coral V Shaped Nail Design
Small coral triangles at the base of red nails are subtle yet cute V shaped nail designs.
24. Red and Silver V Shaped Nail Design
This red and silver V shaped nail design is unique and charming.
25. Coral and Peach V Shaped Nail Design
Coral and peach are feminine colors and make some cute V shaped nail designs.
26. Peach and Gray V Shaped Accent Nail
A gray triangle on the ring finger makes a fun accent nail for these pretty each nails!
27. Black and Yellow Polka Dot V Shaped Nail Design
Polka dots are a unique way to create the triangles for V shaped nail art, and the yellow over black is really eye catching!
28. Lacy V Shaped Nail Design
A fun lacy design on a V shaped nail art design adds a nice touch on this accent nail!
Hopefully, you got some great inspiration from the V shaped nail designs above! These V shaped nail design ideas are simple enough for nearly anyne to create and versatile enough for any time of year. Since V shaped nail art designs can look great with just about any colors, don’t be afraid to experiment either!