So, you have been considering adopting a new short haircut as a way to change your look. Whether you are looking for more low-maintenance option, or you think a shorter style would look more professional, many options exist for sassy cuts. Hollywood superstars are always changing their hairstyles to accommodate specific movie roles; take, for example, Demi Moore and Natalie Portman, both of whom have shaved their heads for movie roles. You do not have to be that extreme with your short haircut, but you can draw inspiration from Hollywood movers and shakers.
Top 5 Celebrity Short Haircuts
1. Kristinâ€™s shaggy bob. Kristin Cavallari of Laguna Beach fame recently decided to shear her long locks in favor of a mid-length bob. Her previous style, which screamed â€œCalifornia pageant queenâ€ is a long shot from her current, sleek style. Kristinâ€™s new hairstyle accents her strong jaw line and eyes. Unbelievably, the shorter hair actually makes her look younger!
2. Kiera Knightlyâ€™s pixie cut. Kieraâ€™s slender, angular face and amazing cheekbones were hidden beneath massive waves of hair. The Pirates of the Caribbean star decided to ditch the tresses for a more modern, professional look, complete with striking highlights. Notice how the volume on top of Kieraâ€™s head elongates her face while the bangs in this short haircut highlight her eyes.
3. Natalieâ€™s re-growth. Natalie Portman, recently of Thor fame, shaved her head as part of the film V for Vendetta. Yes, even though Portman looks amazing even with a shorn scalp, her hairstylist helped her make the transition from bald to beautiful with this smoking hot short haircut. Portmanâ€™s cut is proof that even those with square faces and assertive jaw lines can pull off a pixie. Notice how her lips are featured in the picture with longer hair, while her eye region is the focus in the picture on the right.
4. Rihannaâ€™s retro cut. Caribbean music sensation Rihanna is known for her quirky and sometimes questionable fashion choices, but she gets an â€˜Aâ€™ for her decision to lose her long locks. The longer style looks less mature than the short haircut. Granted, she was younger at the time the left-hand photo was taken, but she made sure that her short hairstyle accompanied her into womanhood. The jet-black hair color idea opens up an entirely different makeup palate. Rihanna is embracing her inner pinup girl with this old-school style.
5. Selenaâ€™s sleek style. Selena Gomez is still a young woman, but she made a brilliant style decision when she chose this smooth, bouncy bob. Her hair, which appears to be naturally quite straight, lends itself to this mid-length short haircut. Further, her long hair weighed down her face, while the new style draws focus to her elegant neck and shoulder region. Selena gives us further proof that shorter haircuts do not have to look dowdy; in fact, younger women are choosing shorter options more than ever before!
Consider opting for a short haircut inspired by one of these celebrities. Going short is â€œinâ€ â€“ and itâ€™s even reversible, in a way! Those with shorter hair need only add temporary extensions to enjoy a different style for the night.