Finding nice computer backgrounds does not have to be hard if you look for photographs of things that stand out and that really demand that people look up and notice. Few structures do this more than a castle. In the modern world, castles are a thing of the past. They have this charming appearance that almost makes people feel nostalgic for a time they never knew. Because of this, they translate into excellent backgrounds for your desktop or your laptop.
Castle by the Cliff
When looking for a good background, it is important that you find a stunning castle, as well as a good picture. These are such popular destinations for photographers that you will be able to find high-caliber pictures of almost any castle, but that does not necessarily mean that any of them will make the cool backgrounds that you are after. Below are six castles that will give you just what you are looking for.
Castle by the Sea
6 Castles that Make Excellent Computer Backgrounds
1. Neuschwanstein. This castle in Germany is the one that Disney used when coming up with castle designs in their animated movies. It looks like something out of a fairy tale with soaring towers, white walls and a terrific view over the landscape.
2. Swallow’s Nest. By looking at it, you could almost think that whoever designed this castle had computer backgrounds in mind. It is perched on the edge of a cliff, almost to the point that it looks like it could fall off, with the water hundreds of feet below. The Swallow’s Nest is small, but it is going to take your breath away.
3. Bran Castle. Found in Romania, this castle may look a bit dark and dreary when you first see it, but there is a good reason for that: It is Dracula’s castle. If you are interested in a Halloween background, it does not get much better than that. The mountains surrounding the castle make it look wild and untamed.
4. Pena National Palace. The colors are what make this castle in Portugal really stand out. It is set up high on a soaring hill, and parts of the wall are bright yellow and red. Are you tired of gray stone? This is anything but drab and boring, which is why it is used in so many cool backgrounds.
5. Segovia Castle. Found in Spain, this castle is made in the image of a boat, with a prominent prow and long walls of tan stone. It really stands out if you are used to square, traditional designs.
6. Chillon Castle. Switzerland has one of the most picturesque castles of all time. Set right on Lake Geneva, this building always looks good in backgrounds because it comes right down to the blue waters.